29 Jan 14 Lesson: Small Angle Approximations
1. To memorize the small angle approximations for sinx, cosx and tanx.
2. To be able to apply small angle approximations to simplify trigonometric expressions.
3 To appreciate the limitations of small angle approximations
Homework: Exercise 8f
sin(A+B) = sinA cosB + cosA sinB
sin(A-B) = sinA cosB - cosA sinB
cos(A+B) = cosA cosB - sinA sinB
cos(A-B) = cosA cosB + sinA sinB
tan(A+B) = (tanA + tanB) / (1 - tanA tanB)
tan(A-B) = (tanA - tanB) / (1+ tanA tanB)
16 Sep 13 Lesson: Integration by Substituion
1. To be able to apply integration by substitution to both indefinite and definite integrals.
Homework: themathsteacher lesson and exercise: Integration by substituion
12 Sep 13 Lesson: Intro to Integration by Substituion
1. To be able to recognise the basic steps involved in an integration by substitution.
06 Sep 13 Lesson: Integration by Parts
1. To be able to use integration by parts for functions such as xlnx, xsinx and xe^x
2. To be able to use integration by parts for both indefinite and definite integration
04 sep 13 Lesson: Intro to A2 and to Integration by Parts
Homework: themathsteacher lesson and exercise: Integration by Parts
02 Jul 13 MEI Core 3 Specification 2013
You should download the MEI Core 3 Specification and keep it in a ring binder so that you can read it two pages at a time side by side.
01 Jul 13 A Reminder on How to Improve Your Study Skills
This advice contained in these 5 short videos can help you to improve your study skills in all your subjects at GCSE, A-level and at university. We will watch them in class and talk about them in September. However, I believe you need to watch them more than once to take all the advice on board.
Professor Stephen Chew is a cognitive psychologist from Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama. Just recently, he has recorded five short videos (each 5 - 9 minutes long) to help students become more effective learners. They contain a whole range of dos and don'ts together with practical suggestions you can adopt to improve your learning. Below are direct links to each video. As an alternative you can log on to Youtube and type in 'Stephen Chew'
01 Jul 13 Welcome to U61M
Just getting set up for the next academic year.
The provisional exam dates for next summer are listed at the top of this page.